Dundee Women’s Festival Celebrating International Women’s Day
On March 8th International Women’s Day is celebrated all over the world, to recognise women’s rights, their qualities and their achievements. Twenty seven countries have a public holiday. Here in Dundee we are doing even better – we are holding a two week long festival!
Dundee Women’s Festival is all about:
- Mixing with women from other cultures expands our understanding, our circle of friends, and even our eating habits!
- Being more informed about money, government policy and health issues enables us to act for ourselves and for others.
- Bringing up our children in a loving, thoughtful way makes a big difference to future generations.
- Knowing about women of the past who have achieved great things empowers us to follow in their footsteps.
- Learning a new skill will make us feel chuffed with ourselves!
- Being involved in sporting activities and encouraging other women to join in will bring both health and self-esteem.
- Being confident in speaking up – just one woman with the courage to speak out will encourage another to join her, whether it’s in Parliament or in the local Mother & Toddler Group. Then a couple more will have a go, then ten more…
- Looking after ourselves makes us more able to look after others.
- And having fun – well, who’s going to knock that?
We all make a difference whether we intend to or not. Let’s make our difference count!